There are a lot of different things that you can do to improve your productivity. In order for new habits to work for you, you need to find ones that work for you so you can ensure that you consistently apply them in your life.
Here are the 10 best productivity habits I have been able to incorporate in my life through routine and consistency.
- Plan ahead. Plan for Monday on Friday. Always review your to-do list at the end of the day.
- Don’t overcommit. Spreading yourself too thin can quickly reduce how productive you are on each task. Learning how to say no can be one of the biggest gifts you give yourself.
- Don’t be a perfectionist. When you try to be perfect in everything you do, you limit how quickly and efficiently you can get things done.
- Break goals and projects into smaller tasks. It’s easier to get things done when they are small tasks that don’t take a huge time commitment.
- Give yourself deadlines. You also need to have a reason to stick to deadlines, so tell others.
- Stop multi-tasking. Focusing on one thing at a time is the easiest way to completely finish each task you want to accomplish.
- Listen to upbeat music. Creativity can be released while listening to music. It also helps increase your energy level.
- Enjoy the quiet. I personally enjoy the absolute quiet if I have something I need to concentrate on.
Schedule your time and take breaks. Research shows that breaking up your day into chunks and taking breaks allow your mind to refresh and often help spark new ideas.
- Put your phone out of sight and restrict internet use. The biggest productivity killer today is your phone! Take a break.
Incorporating productivity habits into your daily routine will help you get more things done in the same amount of time. It’s helpful to find ways to save you time in both your work and personal life, because although we’d all like more hours in the day, it just isn’t going to happen. However, cutting tasks down from 60 minutes to 10 minutes or even eliminating them altogether will save you time, reduce your stress, and allow you to get more things done and crossed off your to-do list!